Last Updated: September 16, 2019
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, submit content, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, federal and state regulations may require us to collect certain personal information from donors including your name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals who make donations to the Organization.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Website, we automatically collect information about you, may include:
- Log and Usage Information: We may collect information related to your access to and use of the Website, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product detains, and date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and the Organization’s effectiveness. See below for more information about cookies and how to disable them.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Website. For example, we may collect voter file data from state parties and other organizations, from public databases, and from private organizations.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected][fill in website name].
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Website;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation with the Organization and/or its activities and the use of the Websites;
- Communicate with you about the Organization and/or its activities, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Privacy Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Organization and/or its activities and for organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if federal or state laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and our events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
- Personalize the Website and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Organization and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- To report information as required by federal or state laws;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our Terms of Service and Use or other user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Organization, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Organization;
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES (SOCIAL MEDIA)
The Website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Website with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings on the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also change your browser settings to block cookies, although doing so may disable some features of our Website.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S.
End Pay-To-Play PAC is based in the United States, and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information, or store or access to your information in, to jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
You may update and correct certain information you provide to us by emailing us at [email protected][fill in website name].
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. You can also review your choices regarding behavioral advertising cookies at www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from the Organization by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at [email protected][fill in website name].